Disc Jockey rates vary based on talent, experience, emcee ability, service, coordination, equipment needed, music knowledge, mixing ability and personality.
Rates for the DJ industry vary greatly, ranging from two hundred dollars to two thousand dollars, with an average of $1,200.00 for a 4 hour booking. The best price is not always the best deal, especially if you are planning a wedding. As a matter of fact, surveys conclude that nearly 100% of brides would have spent more money on their entertainment and made it their #1 priority in hindsight.
A full-service disc jockey company will normally invest from 12 to 30 hours to your 4-hour event. Consultations, music purchasing & editing, preparation, set-up and tear-down, education and other business-related endeavors add up to the overall success of your special occasion.
* 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
* Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
* During wedding planning, brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the lowest of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
* When asked, 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.
* 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding said that if they could do it over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey.
* These statistics were published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine in 2003. Sources include: Simmons, 2001; USA Today, 2002; National Bridal Service, 2001; The Knot, 2002; Brides Magazine, 2001.